Schmetz – Jersey (1727) Assorted needles are designed to be used on knit fabrics and some stretch materials. They are made using quality high carbon steel wire mixed with nickel and plated with chrome. This makes then remarkably strong, hard to break, and heat resistant. They will also not corrode or rust for a very long time.
The Schmetz – Jersey (1727) Assorted needles use the 130/750 H system, which is compatible with most home sewing machines, including Brother, Baby Lock, Bernette, Bernina, Elna, EuroPro, Husqvarna/Viking, Janome, Juki, Kenmore, Necchi, New Home, Pfaff, Simplicity, Singer, and White.
Each card contains 5 needles. This set features an assortment of needle sizes, including two 70/10 needles, two 80/12 needles, and one 90/14 needle.
- Shaft: The needles feature strong shafts that minimize deflection, reducing the risk of breakage and skipped stitches. This also ensures accurate needle placement for stitch formation.
- Shank: The needles come with flat shanks, which makes them fit more easily into your machine, ensuring the perfect stitch every time. This reduces the risk of breakage while also giving you an easier time as you replace or try to fit them into your machine for the first time.
- Scarf: The H in the 130/750 H system indicates that they have a scarf. This allows for the efficient grabbing of the thread by the bobbin hook on your machine. This ensures that a perfect stitch is achieved every time you sew, minimizing instances of skipped stitches.
- Eye: The needles have slender eyes that hold the thread in place.
- Tip: They feature a medium ballpoint that is designed to pass through knits without breaking the threads.
Go for textured threads like textured polyester or textured nylon threads. These work really well for overedge and coverstitch seams because they’ll give you great seam coverage and seam elasticity.
They’ll work well with knits and stretch fabrics.
Schmetz – Jersey (1727) Assorted needles are color coded for easier identification. The upper band indicates the needle type Jersey/Ball Point (Orange) while the lower color band indicates the needle size 2×70 (Green), 2×80 (Orange), 1×90 (Blue).
- Weight: 0.3 oz
- Width: 2.3 in
- Depth: 0.2 in
- Height: 3.6 in