The Schmetz – Microtex (1732) 60/8 needles are designed for use in embroidery. They also work well as all-purpose needles that can be used for piecing, quilting, or simple mends and general sewing. They are made using quality high carbon steel wire mixed with nickel and plated with chrome. This makes then remarkably strong, hard to break, and heat resistant. They will also not corrode or rust for a very long time.
The Schmetz – Microtex (1732) 60/8 needles use the 130/750 H system, which is compatible with most home sewing machines, including Brother, Baby Lock, Bernette, Bernina, Elna, EuroPro, Husqvarna/Viking, Janome, Juki, Kenmore, Necchi, New Home, Pfaff, Simplicity, Singer, and White.
Each card contains 5 needles.
- Shaft: The needles feature strong shafts that minimize deflection, reducing the risk of breakage and skipped stitches. This also ensures accurate needle placement for stitch formation.
- Shank: The needles come with flat shanks, which makes them fit more easily into your machine, ensuring the perfect stitch every time. This reduces the risk of breakage while also giving you an easier time as you replace or try to fit them into your machine for the first time.
- Scarf: The H in the 130/750 H system indicates that they have a scarf. This allows for the efficient grabbing of the thread by the bobbin hook on your machine. This ensures that a perfect stitch is achieved every time you sew, minimizing instances of skipped stitches.
- Eye: The needles feature a slender eye that’s perfect for working with sheers, satins, suedes, and taffetas.
- Tip: They come with an extra sharp tip, perfect for creating beautiful topstitching. It will cleanly pass through most fabrics, eliminating runs and pulls.
- Other: They have a thicker gauge to facilitate sewing mid to heavy fabrics.
With Schmetz – Microtex (1732) 60/8 needles, the best thread for your project will depend on the type of fabric you are working with. Generally speaking, thread sizes 16 to 30 will work well with these needles.
They work well with mid to heavy fabrics like sheers, satins, suedes, taffetas, silk peau de soie, duchess satin, and Ultrasuede. It works great for all micro fibers, polyesters, foils, artificial leather, and coated materials.
The Schmetz – Microtex (1732) 60/8 needles are color coded for easier identification. The upper band indicates the needle type Microtex (Purple) while the lower color band indicates the needle size 60/8 (Light Blue).
- Weight: 0.3 oz
- Width: 2.3 in
- Depth: 0.2 in
- Height: 3.6 in