Packing is definitely one of the least enjoyable things to do when moving out of your apartment. It is a very arduous process since you have to go through each and every item in your possession carefully, making sure that everything stays organized to make sure that you have an easy time unpacking it all. Depending on your budget, you can do your own packing or hire professionals to do your packing for you.
How long does it take to pack up a studio apartment? Well, the average time that it takes to pack up a studio apartment is approximately 1 to 2 days. However, this time may vary depending on a number of factors:
- Your level of experience in moving
- The number of items you have in the apartment
- The size of your items
- The number of helpers you have
- The amount of time taken in each packing session
- The different categories of items in your possession
That being said, no matter how experienced you are in
The one to two days approximate time it takes to pack up a studio apartment is the average time needed to intensively pack up a studio apartment, usually done by professional packers from a moving company.
Studio apartment pack up time factors
- Your experience in moving – Your experience in moving plays a very crucial role in the amount of time taken to pack up a studio apartment. The amount of time taken by a person who is moving out of a studio apartment for the first time to pack up will definitely be longer than the time taken by a person who has moved in and out of several studio apartments. These people have obviously learned from their mistakes made during previous pack ups and have definitely come up with a formula of some sort to hasten the pack up process, giving them an upper hand when compared to the newbies.
- The number of items you have in your apartment – The number of items you have in the apartment is also an important factor which affects the time it takes to pack up a studio apartment. If you have a lot of household items in your possession it will definitely take you a longer time to pack up the studio apartment than if you have fewer items.
- The size of your items – The size of your items also influences the amount of time it will take for you to pack up your studio apartment. Bigger items require more intricate packing and wrapping skills which is more time consuming, than when packing up smaller items, which is a much easier and faster process.
- The number of helpers – During the packing up process, the number of people helping you to pack up your items also influence the amount of time it takes to pack up. Packing up your items alone will result in you taking a very long time before the packing is finished. Help from family members, friends, neighbors, religious groups or even professionals plays a major role in minimizing the amount taken to pack up your studio apartment. The type of helpers you have also, in a way affect the amount of time it will take to pack. Having the help of professionals, the packing will be done in a short while as compared to having friends and family help you pack.
- The amount of time taken in each packing session – It is usually not advisable to do all the packing at once but at various time intervals. This is in order to avoid fatigue, which may result in lackluster packing, thus risking damaging your items. It is usually advisable to divide the packing into several sessions in a day with breaks in between. The amount of time taken in each packing session therefore influences the duration taken to pack up the studio apartment. The shorter the sessions the longer it will take to pack up, and the longer the packing sessions the shorter it will take, since more work is done in the longer packing sessions.
- The different categories of items in your possession – Some items during packing need to be packed separately. Foodstuffs cannot be packed in the same place as detergents and cleaning agents. Kitchen utensils cannot be packed in the same place as toiletries. Having a less variety of items in the studio apartment makes packing to be so much easier, therefore taking less time. However, having a wide variety of household items necessitates more detailed packing, packing most of the items separately, labeling the items in order to avoid confusion, and this takes more time.
How Can You Come Up With The Perfect Packing Plan?
A packing plan ensures that the packing process is organized. This can be achieved by doing the following things:
- Coming up with a packing schedule
- Starting the packing process early
- Creating a list of items to pack and items to donate
- Coming up with a step by step guideline on which items to pack from first to last
- Consider using an App to aid with the planning
- How do I pack Fragile items? There are numerous ways of packing fragile household items, especially the kitchenware. You can do this through the use of bubble wrap to wrap glass items, using tissue paper to protect the glassware from scratching, stacking the plates and dishes vertically, and filling excess space with soft material such as towels for protection.
- Where do I get the material for packing on a low budget? Used boxes can be gotten from churches, book stores, and libraries. However, you have to make sure the boxes are sturdy or reinforced for the safety of your items. You can also get old newspapers to be used for packing from a local newspaper office or at a recycling center.