Have you been wondering how much to pay someone to do your laundry? This is a convenient service that depending on where you live can be pretty easy to get. However, you need to know how much you’ll end up spending to determine whether or not it is worth it for you.
You can expect to pay between $20 to $50 for a bag of laundry or $30 to $40 per hour. This price may go down depending on how many bags you have or go up based on your location. The national average cost of paying someone to wash, dry, and fold your laundry ranges between $1.25 and $3.00 per pound.
Professional washing machine services cost you between $1.50 and $4.00 for a laundry load. It costs roughly the same to dry the laundry, although this may vary depending on the amount of time required to dry the load.
Table of Contents
The average cost of laundry service
If you take your clothes to a laundry service, here is how much you can expect to pay depending on the article of clothing:
- Jacket: $6.5 per jacket, including ironing
- Clothes by the pound: $8-$12 per 2-pound load
- Shirts: $2.50-$3 per shirt for washing, drying, and ironing
- Pants: $4.50 for a pair of pants
- Dresses, skirts, and skirt suites: $13-$27 depending on the material and detail
- Ironing only: $20-$25 to iron an 8-pound load
Why should you hire someone to do your laundry?
People hire others to perform tasks that they lack the skills to do or the time to complete them. This also applies to laundry services. Here are some of the main reasons why you may want to hire someone to do laundry:
1. It saves you time:
This is one of the biggest perks of hiring someone to do your laundry. If you are busy or always on the go, hiring someone will ensure you always have clean clothes while saving you time.
2. It is convenient:
When you hire someone, your laundry gets done on a schedule that best suits you. For example, you can hire a service that will do your laundry for you twice a week. This way, you do not have to schedule time each week to do laundry.
3. It is fast:
Professional laundry services will quickly clean your clothes and ready for you.
4. It is cheap:
It can be quite expensive if you do not have all the washing products and equipment you need to do your laundry. Hiring someone may help you save money.
5. Your laundry will get professionally cleaned:
Professional cleaners know how to clean various materials and stains. Apart from your clothes, they can also clean your carpets, curtains, and comforters. If any of these items require a unique cleaning process or products, they will do it.
6. It frees up room in your home:
Washers, dryers, and other laundry facilities can take up a lot of room in your home. You can use this space for something else when you hire someone to do your laundry.
7. You enjoy a full service:
Most professional laundry services offer a one-stop-shop package service. This means you’ll get your laundry dry, cleaned, washed, folded, and ironed in a single place.
8. Your clothes will last longer:
When your laundry is done by professionals who know how to handle them properly, they will look beautiful and new for longer. This allows you to get more value for your money.
Is it worth paying someone to do your laundry?
A home laundry service is an investment that provides convenience and peace of mind. In addition to saving money on things like laundry detergent, coins for the laundromat, or water/electricity bills, you also save valuable time.
How much money does it cost to do laundry at home?
Although the average cost per load to use a laundromat is $3-4, and the average cost per load at home is only $2-3, this doesn’t include other necessary costs like purchasing and regularly upkeep for your washer and dryer.
How to do your laundry fast
If you are not ready to pay someone to do your laundry every time you need to, it is essential to learn how to do it more quickly. You do not want to do laundry all day. Here are a few tips to help you learn how to do your laundry fast:
- The more you do, the faster it will be. Try always hitting slightly below your machine’s weight limit with each load.
- Plan and schedule your loads ahead of time. For example, you can do darks on Mondays, whites on Tuesdays, sportswear on Thursdays, bedding on Fridays, and so on.
- Do a single load at a time to prevent you from running out of clothes.
- Set a deadline for your loads. You can decide that your laundry must be completed by a specific time each day. This will help you build discipline and learn to plan your loads better.
- If you have a busy schedule, try to limit yourself to no more than two loads a day. This way, you will not burn out or get bored doing laundry.
How to fold your laundry fast
Next, you need to learn how to fold your laundry fast. This will keep your clothes wrinkle-free while also helping you save space in your dresser. Fold all your clothes (even casual ones) to avoid creases.
Folding clothes is quite an easy skill to pick up. If mastered, you can become quite fast at it. Plus, you can multitask while listening to a podcast or watching your favorite show on TV.
Here is how to fold your laundry fast:
- Do it on a flat surface. You can use your kitchen counter, your bed, a table, or even a mat. Using a flat surface will allow you to do it faster while also making it easier to stack folded clothes.
- Next, once you fold your clothes, lay them in a neat stack. This makes organization a lot easier once you are done.
- Group your clothes before folding them. Have a separate pile for shirts, pants, shorts, etc. Once you do this, tackle them pile by pile. This allows you to get in the groove of folding a particular type of outfit. You’ll get faster at it the more you do it over and over, allowing you to tackle each pile much faster progressively.
Who can you hire to do your laundry for you?
Several people might be willing to do your laundry for you at a fee. Here are some of them and how to hire them:
- A maid: Some housekeepers offer house visits to do laundry as a service. Most of them are familiar with various types of fabrics and how to clean them as well as thorough cleaning techniques, so you will be getting a professional service if you use them.
- A nanny: If you have a nanny, you can ask them to do your laundry for you either as part of their job description or as an extra service they would do at a fee.
- A laundry service: You can hire your local laundry service to help clean your clothes. Most laundry services also offer a pickup and drop-off option.
How much does laundry delivery cost?
The price of laundry delivery will vary depending on your location. Some laundry delivery services also have nationwide chains with different costs that are determined by local franchises.
On average, washing laundry costs between $1 to $3 per pound. Most companies also offer free pickup and delivery, and some offer a fixed delivery cost, usually quite modest and no more than $5 per delivery.
How much does a dryer cost?
The average cost of a dryer is $700. This price may also cover installation costs depending on where you buy it.
The cost of running a dryer for one hour will vary depending on your dryer’s wattage. Dryer wattages range from around 2000 to 6000 watts. This means they consume 2 to 6 kilowatt hours. The average cost of a kilowatt-hour is 12 cents, bringing the cost of running a dryer for one hour to 24 to 72 cents.
It takes about an hour to install a dryer. However, you may want to set aside at least two hours for installation as the dryer has to be connected to the gas line for electricity and be tested.
Once installed, the average dryer should be able to serve you for at least 10 years.
Today, many people have demanding jobs, businesses, and other responsibilities. This can make it challenging to carve out some time out of your day to do your laundry. The good news is that you do not have to do your laundry if you don’t want to. You can simply choose to pay someone to do your laundry for you.
We hope that with the information provided in this guide, this is pretty easy for you to pull off. You won’t have to pay more than $50 to hire an individual or $5 per pound to hire a professional service. Of course, this all depends on your location. If hiring someone to do your laundry is not for you, we have also given you tips and tricks to help you save time doing your laundry.
Where To Put A Mini Fridge In My Room? The 3 Rules
The Top 9 Reasons Why your House Is So Humid
9 Ways to Keep Birds Away from Porch & Patio
11 Simple Ways To Stop Birds From Pooping on Your Car